ABOUT THE ROTARY CLUB OF BURLINGTON LAKESHORE
We offer a number of youth programs, click on the tabs below for more information. Or click here to learn more about and join Rotary.
We are 65 individuals who live or work in Burlington, Ontario and believe that when you come together, you can create a bigger SOCIAL IMPACT. We meet every Tuesday for lunch at The Burlington Art Gallery on Lakeshore and brainstorm ideas to bring together members of our community and fundraise for projects. We support hundreds of charities right here at home and also abroad.
Ribfest is our largest and most successful community event, of which all proceeds go to charity.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore follows:
The 4-Way Test
1.Is it the Truth?
2.Is it Fair to all concerned?
3.Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
4.Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
Why are we canada's largest ribfest?
There are a number of ways you can measure why we have the title of "Canada's Largest Ribfest."
You could measure by attendance numbers... we broke the attendance record in 2009 when more than 175,000 people attended the festival!
You could measure by the amount of ribs we sold...would you believe that more than 150,000 pounds of ribs were sold over the course of the four-day event? Well, it's true!
You could measure by the number of Rib Teams that participate...we annually welcome 20 "Ribber Teams" from across North America!
You could measure by the amount of money raised for the community...more than $3 million has been raised for local community organizations and charities over the last 21 years! Come on out and join in the fun and food at Canada's Largest Ribfest!
A SELECTION OF OUR PROCEEDS BEING DISTRIBUTED OVER THE YEARS
Canada’s Largest Ribfest is a fundraising initiative of The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore. Last year, the proceeds from Canada’s Largest Ribfest were donated to:
- Burlington Counselling & Family Services
- Canadian Diabetes Assoication Summer Camp
- Canadian Mental Health Association Summer Camp
- Carpenter Hospice
- CCAC Child Abuse Emergency Fund
- Cheshire Homes (Carey House)
- Danielle's Place
- Halton Aphasia
- Joseph Brant Hospital
- JBMH Aux
- MS Supportive Housing Complex
- Protheses for Private Individuals in Need of Financial Support
- Reach Out Centre for Kids
- Terry Fox Run
- Food Banks Canada
- Food for Life
- Gift of Giving Back Community Food Drive
- Halton Fresh Food Box
- Next Door Plains Rd. Meal Program
- North Burlington Drop in, Community Dinner
- Open Door Food Bank St. Christopher's Church
- Partnership West Food Bank
- Salvation Army Food Bank
- The Compassion Society
- Able Sail
- Burlington Green
- Burlington Humane Society
- Camp Enterprise
- Camp Manitou
- Canadian Legion Branch 60
- Community Living Burlington
- Crime Stoppers of Halton
- Halton Regional Police Smart Risk Safety Program
- Lighthouse Centre for Grieving Children
- Out of the Cold
- Rotary Foundation and International Rotary projects
- Rotary Music Festival
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award Program
- The Lighthouse Homeless Shelter (Oakville)
- North BurLINKton Community Group