Applications deadline June 30th, 2018 - Artist Performance September 1, 2, 3, 2018.
Through the Burlington Arts & Culture Fund, Canada's Largest Ribfest & the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore is pleased to present a new initiative for this year’s event, held in Spencer Smith Park, Burlington, Ontario, over the Labour Day weekend - The Emerging Artist Showcase!
The Emerging Artist Showcase aims to give emerging artists the best opportunity to launch their career at a professional level at our well known and well attended event. Three of the city’s most up-and-coming artists will be invited to showcase their talent as the opening acts for this years Canada’s Largest Ribfest on the West Stage on Saturday, 1 September, Sunday, 2nd September and Monday, 3rd September from 12.30pm - 2.30pm.
All three artists will also receive an honorarium.
Successful recipients will be evaluated on the following:
- Contribution to the arts and music culture of the City of Burlington through participation of community programs, projects and/or clubs
- In the early stages of their career with limited performance history
- Artists are between 18 – 30 years of age
- Demonstrate a commitment to enriching their talent through education, workshops, performances opportunities and coaching
- Self-identify as an emerging artist
Canada’s Largest Ribfest, presented by Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, has partnered up with Long & McQuade, a leader in the music industry. Long & McQuade is a proud supporter of many community and national programs, especially fostering music engagement with youth.
Selection will be done by a jury and the winners will be announced on Friday, July 13th 2018. All interested emerging artists are required to complete the application form below and submit a 500 word letter outlining of their skills and talents based on the evaluation points listed above.
Members of diverse backgrounds & newcomers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please complete the form below