Come join the team!
We are looking for a Festival Assistant
Canada’s Largest Ribfest is celebrating its 21st year and looking for a dynamic Festival Assistant to join the team. The Festival Assistant position directly reports to the Operations Manager.
· Assist with volunteer recruitment, orientation, scheduling and training
· Provide social media support before and during the festival
· Provide general office administration and oversees office supply/stationary ordering
· Assist the Operations Manager in the coordination and implantation of the festival
· Assist the Operations Manager with coordinating program guides and flyers
· Coordinate and distribute all internal communication including meeting agendas, meeting minutes and general office communication before and during the festival
· Provide additional administrative support to the Operations Manager as required
· Registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year
· Intends to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MAC
· Ability to show tact and diplomacy when dealing with outside organizations, volunteers and audiences
· Experience in festival management, volunteer management and event logistics or has volunteered at a event or festival
Term of Contract:
The Festival Assistant is a contract position beginning May 30, 2016, for thirty (30) hours per week ending after the festival.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 25, 2016. Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume and cover letter (in PDF or Word format), indicating where you saw the posting, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Festival Assistant CLR in the subject line.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants, in particular those who are members of the Aboriginal.